CLIMATE WEBQUEST – Due Wed Dec. 11 – 5pts each (100pt grade)
1. What is the main source of air pollution in the United States? List 3 examples. http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_vehicles/vehicles_health/cars-trucks-air-pollution.html
2. What is the ozone layer and CFC’s? http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5149840_do-cfcs-damage-ozone-layer.html
3. What are some examples of natural air pollution? http://www.enviropedia.org.uk/Air_Quality/Natural_Air_Pollution.php
4. What is carbon dioxide and what causes it to be released into the atmosphere, contributing to global warming? http://www.pa.msu.edu/sciencet/ask_st/083194.html
5. Why are tropical rain forests important and why are they disappearing? http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Library/Deforestation/
6. Describe how global warming has affected the sea levels. List 3 facts. http://www.climatehotmap.org/global-warming-effects/sea-level.html
7 . Describe how global warming has affected the health of humans all around the world. Provide 3 examples. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1177002,00.html
8 .Describe the effect that global warming has had on the animals of the world. Provide 3 examples http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/07/tech/main591924.shtml
9. What are other, less thought about, effects of global warming? List 3 examples. http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2007/09/climate_100.html
10. What are some actions that you can take to help prevent global warming? List 5. http://environment.about.com/od/globalwarming/tp/globalwarmtips.htm
1.) What percentage of greenhouse gases are nitrous oxides?
2.) Where do nitrous oxides come from?
*Take the global warming quiz and record your score out of 12 _______/12
13. http://www.aproundtable.org/tps30info/globalwarmup.html - List 3 arguments against global warming.
14. http://www.nnsl.com/northern-news-services/stories/papers/sep17_07bear.html - Is climate change hurting polar bear populations? List 2 facts to support this article’s viewpoint.
15 . http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1275441--antarctic-sea-ice-is-increasing-is-global-warming-over - Is Sea Ice actually growing? List 2 facts from article
- List 3 advantages to global warming.
17 . http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/news.php?extend.135 - How big is Al Gore’s new mansion?
18. http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/6685-epa-declares-human-breath-co2-a-pollutant - What percent of carbon dioxide is emitted from human’s breathing?
19. http://www.zenit.org/article-19481?l=english – According to this website what percentage of global warming is being caused by human activity? 20. http://rayuso.hubpages.com/hub/Mass-Media-Influence-on-Society - Name two of the five companies that own 95 % of the media we receive…Also provide an example of how advertising has influenced a decision you have made recently