Interactive Physics Websites
- Design a Roller Coaster – http://www.learner.org/exhibits/parkphysics/index.html
Design your roller coaster to achieve an overall “thumbs up” rating for Fun and Safety. List below what the individual designs would have to be for
1) Height of the First Hill =
2) Shape of the First Hill =
3) The Exit Path =
4) Height of the Second Hill =
5) The Loop =
- The Science of Hockey - http://www.exploratorium.edu/hockey/
Answer 3 of the 7 questions found on the bottom of the page – Write the questions and answers below.
- Skateboard Science - http://www.exploratorium.edu/skateboarding/
1) What is an ollie?
2) Describe the physics of another trick
- Fear of Physics – http://www.fearofphysics.com/index1.html
Choose and “play with” at least 4 of the topics presented and write down 3 things you have learned from this website.
- The Experiments of Galileo - http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pisa/galileo.html
Perform the experiments of Galileo - Falling Objects | Projectiles | Inclined Planes | Pendulums
- The Physics of Baseball
1) Play the Fastball Reaction Time Exhibit Game
2) How do you throw a curveball?
- Projectile Motion Game
- Forces Game - Play the "Forces" Game http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/science/physical_processes/
- Junkward Wars
- Design your own junkward war dragster!!!!
- EdHeads – Simple Machines and Car Crash Investigation
- Play with the Simulations / Projectile Motion & Energy Skate Park!