Visit the following websites and answer the questions
1) What are germs?
2) What are the four types of germs?
3) What is the goal of a virus?
4) What is an example of a virus?
5) (Click continue on bottom of page) What do germs do?
6) List three ways to protect yourself from germs.
1) How are bacteria helpful?
2) How much smaller are viruses compared to bacteria?
3) A virus must have a ________________ in order to live.
1) What do "good" bacteria do for our body?
2) In 1796 Dr. Jenner discovered how to make a vaccine for the disease ______________.
1) There are about _________________ species of bacteria.
2) Draw and label 3 parts of a basic bacterial cell
3) What are the three basic shapes of bacteria?
4) Do bacteria live in the soil? What do THEY DO?
1. Are viruses alive? explain
2. List three characteristics of a virus
3. List three ways a virus can spread
4. List two interesting facts about virues
1. List three of the top public places where the most germs can be found
2. Which has more germs on average: A toilet seat or a computer keyboard?
1. What is the name of the bacteria that caused the Bubonic Plague?
2. Bacteria called _________________ live in extreme environments on Earth where on other organisms can survive.
3. What is a microbiome?
4. What are pathogens?
5. What does an astrobiologist do?
1. What is rabies?
2. What is Ringworm? How can you catch it? How do you treat it?
3. Name a disease you can get from birds.
4. What are two ways to prevent getting a disease from your pet?
1. List three tips to keep your kitchen germ free