Become A Partner
Mercer County Schools
371 E. Lexington St
Harrodsburg, KY 40330
The Mercer County Foundation for Education, Inc. is a non-profit, tax exempt organization under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 which provides an opportunity for the Mercer community, businesses, residents, alumni, as well as other Foundations and Corporate Sponsors to donate funds through wills, estates, gifts, fund raising events, and contributions to support the Mercer County Schools.
The specific purpose for which the Foundation is formed is the development of alternative sources of income to support the academic programs and activities of the students in the Mercer County Schools, to become a vehicle for a partnership between the community and the Board of Education, and to enhance the quality of education in Mercer County.
The Foundation has identified four (4) areas on which to focus for the purpose of raising and allocating funds:
- Support district and school initiatives in the gifted and talented program.
- Provide support for enrichment programs students receive outside the classroom to promote academic success in the classroom
- Support the district recognition and commitment to the arts and humanities and the role they play in academic as well as lifetime achievement for students
- Provide post-secondary scholarship opportunities for all students.
The Foundation, in general terms, will:
- Provide an avenue for sizeable donations through wills, estates, gifts, and corporate contributions, etc. to support the children of Mercer County Schools.
- Raise funds for general and/or ongoing needs such as scholarships or to support children of low-income families participation in school activities, and for specific projects.
- Accept donations from individuals who simply want to donate to a school or a specific project or school group for tax purposes.
- Distribute funds in accordance with the mission and purpose of the organization in accordance with guidelines and restrictions attached to the funds, (i.e. general scholarships, projects, etc.)
- Ensure all activities and funding support school/district goals and support No Child Left Behind initiatives.
Board Of Directors:Becky B. Holt, Executive Director
Tonya Schroeder, President
Michelle Dunn, Vice-President
April Ellis, Treasurer
Jamie Dunn, Director
Lee Readnower, Director
Gary True, Director
Allen White, Financial Advisor