Motion and Speed Web Quest
1. What is the formula for speed?
2. How do we measure or think of speed in the United States?
3. In science and physics, what is the standard unit of measure for speed?
4. What is the rate of change in an object’s position?
5. What two parts make up velocity?
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Acceleration.”
1. What is the equation for acceleration?
2. What is the standard unit of measure for acceleration?
2. Go to: http://www.absorblearning.com/media/item.action;jsessionid=80EAEF0653603E6 E4F7AF7C82AAA5D20?quick=ww
1. Click on “view online free”
2. What is the minimum speed required to survive the motorcycle jump?
Launch Interactive and try to match graphs with motion of cars
Go to this soccer graphing/speed interactive activity and complete it
Go to this car speed simulator and see what happens to graph when you speed up or slow down
Go to and click “play now”
and play with the many learning physics games