Organic Food Webquest
1. What does “organic” mean?
2. Go to http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/mauisoil/c_nutrients.aspx
List 5 essential elements that plants need in the soil in order to grow
3. Go to http://www.sswm.info/category/concept/nutrient-cycle
What are nutrients?
List 3 steps in the nutrient cycle
List 3 ways that humans impact the nutrient cycle
4. Go to http://organic-center.org/
Click on “Organic Fact Sheets” – then list 4 Reasons to Go Organic
Click on “Organic Fact Sheets” – the list 3 Reasons why it Health Benefits of Organic Food
5. Go to http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/conservation/issues/insecticide-info.htm
What is an Insecticide?
What is an example of an insecticide?
Fill in the blank – “Many insecticides are ________________ to human beings.”
6. Go to http://www.organicauthority.com/health/invisible-monsters-5-of-the-most-common-pesticides-a-their-impact-on-your-health.html
List and describe 2 pesticides that can impact your daily health
7. Go to http://timothyasare.hubpages.com/hub/ADVANTAGES-AND-DISADVANTAGES-OF-ORGANIC-FOODS
List two advantages of Organic Foods
List two disadvantages of Organic Foods
8. Go to http://www.simpletruth.com/products/
List 3 organic products you would buy at Kroger
9. Go to http://www.agrilicious.org/local/farm-fresh-eggs/kentucky/harrodsburg
List 3 local places you can obtain organic food
10. Go to http://www.americanvegan.org/vegan.htm
What is a vegan?
List 3 ways you would raise cows "organically