Upcoming Events and Opportunities
1. Young Scientist Challenge
Now Open for Entries Grand Prize is $25,000 -
Encourage Your Students To Submit a Video Today
The 2011 Discovery Education 3M Young Scientist Challenge is officially open for entries!
Inspire your students in grades 5-8 to investigate the everyday world around them for the chance to win $25,000 and the title, “America’s Top Young Scientist.”
New this year, 10 finalists will have an exclusive opportunity to work directly with a 3M scientist during a summer mentorship program. Each pair will connect virtually to develop a prototype of an innovation. The finalists will receive a trip to the 3M Innovation Center in October to compete in the final event and present their innovation.
Visit www.youngscientistchallenge.com today to find:
- Video entry topics – students can begin researching ideas for their submission
- Letter to parents – send home a letter in English or Spanish with all the details
- Tips from previous winners - share insider tips and advice from past winners
- Consent form and registration info – available in English or Spanish
All video entries must be submitted online no later than April 15, 2011.
2. TheatrEXpands classes with Susan Pope.
3. The Summer Camp for Academically Talented Middle School Students (SCATS) Application is Online NOW!! The Center for Gifted Studies has posted the application for the 29th annual Summer Camp for Academically Talented Middle School Students (SCATS), June 12 – June 24, 2011.
Join “Robocats” on a mission to discover how robotics are changing the world. Open to rising 9th grade girls, current 8th grade girls. June 25-29th 8:30-5:00, E.S. Goode Barn on University Drive. Deadline to apply is May 1. Click here for more information.