New Employee Training
Aug. 02, 2017
· Welcome & Introductions
· District AUP (Acceptable Use Policy)
o Located here are links for:
§ District Acceptable Use Policy document
§ Staff AUP Signature Form
ü Submit to Personnel at Board of Education
§ Student AUP Signature Form
· Technology Help Desk
o Submit technology help desk tickets here:
o Link is also located on the main district web page under “Technology”
· Email – Provided by Microsoft Office 365
o District Email addresses are in the following format for SMTP / Outside Email:
o Instructions to access your Email from the Microsoft Office 365 site may be found here:
o Email Distribution Lists are set up for each school with basically two general settings:
· One is for “Mercer Co. School Name Teachers” (for all classroom teachers in that building,) and
· “Mercer Co. School Name Staff” (for ALL persons with Email in that building, which includes the teachers as well.)
· These lists are used by school principals, counselors, and secretaries to distribute important daily announcements. Please check with them to make sure you have been added to the appropriate list.
· Internet Filter System
o Enterprise proxy server / internet filtering appliance is in place that blocks web sites based on categories.
o Authentication is automatic with your Windows Domain login to your workstation. If that fails a splash page will prompt you for credentials.
o Manual Proxy Settings are no longer required.
· Google Drive
o You Tube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW9gh2myDhA
o Sync Client may be used to sync folders and files between cloud and your Windows workstation. Works very well.
· Google Team Drive
o You Tube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FVUe9cR4NA
o Team Collaborative File Sharing for your “Team” which can be a building, grade level, department, or teaching team, etc.
o Please name your folders with school name, Ex. MCES_Third_Grade
· Telephone Information:
Voicemail Setup Instructions
o At this URL: http://www.mercer.kyschools.us/technology_voicemail.aspx
Please read instructions carefully
o Go to another phone, dial your extension and “test & verify” your VM message
o They will be posted to a “hidden URL” on our web site here:
· Hidden URL: http://www.mercer.kyschools.us/technology_phoneextensions.aspx
· Student Information System (SIS or KSIS)
o Currently IC: Infinite Campus
o URL for access:
· “NETS” (National Educational Technology Standards) for Students, Teachers, & Administrators may be found here:
· Priorities: Wrap up with third grade teacher story – Mrs. Howell
This session is published Online here: http://www.mercer.kyschools.us/technology_newbie.aspx
Welcome aboard! & Have a great year!