2021 KAGC Scholarship Application
Details: The Kentucky Association of Government Communicators has created a scholarship program to recognize Kentucky high school seniors for their hard work and commitment to both school and community.
Amount: A non-renewable $500 scholarship will be awarded annually to one (1) public high school senior who intends to study communications or journalism at any postsecondary institution.
Deadline for Application: Friday, March 12, 2021
Announcement: The winner will be announced and notified via email by Friday April 9, 2021. There will be a virtual presentation of the scholarship by the KAGC President and Board sometime in the spring of 2021. Details will follow.
Eligibility: Applicant must be a Kentucky resident. Students who are seniors in the spring of 2021 are eligible for this scholarship. KAGC members and their immediate family are not eligible for this scholarship.
Requirements: We recommend that applicants gather and prepare all required information and documents prior to starting the submission process. The application must be submitted electronically and completed in one session; applicant information will not be saved if browser is closed. Documentation must be submitted in one of the following formats: DOC, DOCX, JPG, PDF, or PNG.
Applicants must submit the following information and documents:
· 500-700 Word Original Essay: describing your post-secondary education and career goals in the field of communications
· Current GPA: winner’s GPA must be verified by school principal
· One (1) Letter of Recommendation: from a teacher/administrator; author must be listed as one of the three required references
· Three (3) References: two from teachers/administrators and one from a representative of an external group/organization (name, title, email, and phone)
· General Resume Information: personal information about school activities and honors; work and volunteer experience
: Please send questions (with “Question” in the subject line) to KAGC at [email protected]
How to Apply
: Electronic submission, through SurveyMonkey, is required. Apply at: http://www.kagc.net/scholarship/
Complete the survey, including uploading the required documents listed above, no later than Friday March 12, 2021.