Families of this fall's incoming kindergarteners may register online and then complete the process in person
May 11 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Kentucky law requires youths between 6 and 18 years old to attend school.
- The birthday cutoff for enrolling in kindergarten is age 5 on or before Aug. 1.
- Families may apply for preschool if their child turns 4 on or before Aug. 1 and is income-eligible.
- Children ages 3-4, who have special needs, may also apply for preschool in the Mercer County program.
The Mercer County Preschool Program has additional requirements for initial enrollment. Please contact Mercer County Elementary School 859-733-7040 to set up an appointment for screening. Returning preschool students will complete the Online Update through Parent Portal.
Throughout the online registration application, there are areas where you can upload the required documents and some optional documents like your child’s KHSAA sports physical. If you are unable to upload documents, you can submit these to the school to complete the registration process. Your child’s application will not be considered complete until all required documents have been received.
New Students must have the following:
- Child's birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity (see below*)
- Two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name,
and a secondary document such as driver’s license or a current tax bill or receipt
- Proof of child's recent preventative health care exam **
- Proof of an eye exam (due by Jan. 1)
- Proof of a dental exam (due by Jan. 1)
New and Returning Students must keep the following documents up-to-date:
- Court documents pertaining to your child, if applicable
- Health documentation: School Physical Exams, immunizations, and doctor orders/forms
* A legal copy of the child's birth certificate or another official document proving the child's identity and date of birth is required for school registration. Among the acceptable alternatives:
- Adoption records;
- Valid passport or other federal government identification;
- Military identification or immigration card;
- Valid Kentucky driver's license or permit;
- Prior school records (other than Mercer County School) identifying student by name and date of birth;
LINK: Enrollment if your family is NEW to Mercer Co. School District
LINK: Enrollment directions if your student is CURRENTLY ENROLLED in the Mercer Co. School District
If you need assistance, please call (859) 733-7000 ext. 4002 between 8:00 am -4:00 pm or leave a message and we will be back in touch with you the next business day.